Powel’s Cloud Services and Smart Energy teams are looking for a unique candidate with a blend of technological and interpersonal skills to join us on our epic journey of transformation.
The team’s charter is to accelerate the transition of Powel’s rich portfolio of applications and services to the cloud and transform/reinvent Powel’s industry leading solutions into an “as a Service” (SaaS) offering. Powel’s cloud solutions increasingly include analytics and machine learning services for a growing list of customers and products across the energy and utilities industries, where real-time data and resiliency are critical.
As a Principal Cloud Solution Architect, you will join an approx. 130 developer-strong community working within a centralized cloud team on projects from across product lines. You will partner with other internal Powel teams to design secure, scalable and resilient cloud solutions.You will use your skills and passion for containerization and orchestration to drive automation and scripts that enable key DevOps characteristics like infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, continuous integration using technologies like Terraform, Chef, Puppet. You will have deep experience building resilient web & mobile scale-out applications using AWS and AWS hosted services for brand-new, born-in-the-cloud solutions using cloud native services as well as hybrid cloud solutions hosting VMs and kubernetes clusters.
You will also work directly with Powel account teams, customers and other teams within Powel to communicate best practices. Your wide breadth of technical knowledge, specific knowledge of cloud solutions and inquisitive nature will help you interact with a variety management levels and technical responsibilities.
Who we are
Powel AS is a leading provider of software for utilities and energy companies with a broad portfolio including software for managing energy production, trading, grid assets, forecasting, and optimization, almost exclusively with renewable energy sources (hydro, wind, solar). Established in the Nordics over 22 years ago, Powel now counts some of the largest players in the European utility industry as customers. The company has approx. 400 employees.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead with your AWS expertise within the organization (as well as acquire deeper knowledge with Microsoft Azure)
- Lead the team on a journey for full automation and DevOps with respect to cloud solution infrastructure
- Drive and own secure, scalable and resilient cloud solution design partnering with senior architects and key developers
- Act as a resource for teams responding to RFP/RFQ/RFI’s
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions to Powel teams and develop/document best practices.
- Confidently interact across teams, with executives, management, technical and line-of-business staff.
- Participate in and guide architectural discussions. Design the best Powel cloud solution based on business needs.
- Minimum four years designing, implementing or consulting with AWS/Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions.
- Experience with infrastructure architecture, including systems administration, server hardware, networking and security.
- Positive attitude with passion for growth, can-do approach to obstacles and commitments.
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies and incorporate them into new and existing solutions.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Trondheim or Oslo location with the ability to travel occasionally for customer and team meetings.
Location: Trondheim or Oslo
If you are interested in this role, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please mark your application with “Principal Cloud Solution Architect”in the subject field.
For any questions about the role, contact VP Head of R&D, Kevin Gjerstad tlf +47 90544225