TriCity (Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia) is one of the best places to live in Europe. Not only Poles appreciate TriCity, but also many foreigners who live here permanently or come for holidays. We are proud of beautiful and well-kept cities, sandy beaches, clean forests, picturesque lakes and a dense network of bicycle paths. Public safety, nice atmosphere and the magnitude of the possibilities mean that people who live and work in Tri-City often smile and are more relaxed than in many other places. We would like to invite you!
With unique IT competence and comprehensive industry knowledge, Powel is a leading supplier of software solutions to the energy-, public-, and contracting sectors. We aim to help our customers make strategic and operational decisions based on access to timely and accurate information from integrated systems. In short, we help utilities work smarter, benefitting businesses and the environment. Our systems and expertise help create real value for companies worldwide. Founded in Norway in 1996, Powel has grown to be an international corporation with staff numbering 460 and offices in 6 European countries and in Chile.
We are looking for experienced IT professionals to strengthen our Powel MDMS software team. The candidate must be prepared to invest the necessary time to become a product expert on Powel MDMS. The right person has experience in software testing. You should have an interest in improving test processes and find satisfaction in delivering a system with great quality to our customers.
Powel Metered Data Management System (MDMS) manages metered data, meter component information and work orders. Time series data enters the system from a data collection system, such as Powel ELIN, and is then validated, estimated and corrected, before data is sent to a billing system, or aggregated and sent to other energy market participants. The customers are Norwegian and Swedish power utilities.
Our team members are based in Norway, Sweden and Poland, and you will work closely together with them, focusing on tasks such as:
- participation in the development team and testing new code on a daily basis as it evolves
- regression tests of existing features
- identifying opportunities for test automation, and defining acceptance tests
- collaboration with the technical architect and developers in order to find the simplest, most elegant way to implement a feature or change
- participation in discussions about how the user experience can be improved, how processes can be simplified and how to create value with new features
- troubleshooting of business critical customer problems and other support cases
- creating material for user and system documentation
- work on billable customer consultancy work, such as deployment, configuration, data management, scripting, creating reports, etc.
Qualifications and skills
- You have experience with functional software testing
- You have experience with databases and SQL, preferably on Oracle
- You have experience with programming and scripting
- You work accurately and methodically
- You are a team player and cooperative
- You are solution oriented
- You are analytical
- You have quality awareness
- You have strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience from the energy business or from metering is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time and possibility of ad-hoc home office
- Challenging tasks that contributes to both professional and personal growth and development
- A Nordic working culture with extensive possibilities to influence directions and priorities – we are a fast-growing organization, but NOT a corporation!
- Cooperation rather than competition
- International workplace with offices in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Poland, Chile and Turkey
- Individual yearly budget for conference/training
- Modern, centrally located office in Gdansk
- Benefits like private medical care, Multisport card, telephone package and life insurance
- In-house English and Norwegian lessons
- Desk with adjustable height and high-end laptop with 2x24 inch monitors
- Chill zones with Xbox, PlayStation and table football
Contact: Please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following clause in your application: „I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2002, No. 101, item 926 as amended.”
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.