With unique IT competence and comprehensive industry knowledge, Powel is a leading supplier of software solutions to the energy and utilities, public service, and contracting sectors. We aim to help our customers make strategic and operational decisions based on access to timely and accurate information from integrated systems. In short, we help utilities work smarter, benefiting businesses and the environment. Our systems and expertise help create real value for companies worldwide. Founded in Norway in 1996, Powel has grown to be an international corporation with approximately 470 employees and offices in six European countries.
This is a key senior management and leadership role within Powel Metering.
Powel Metering is a Division within Powel responsible for Smart Metering, Meter Data Management Solutions and related Consulting Services globally.
We are looking for a strong and experienced individual that will be responsible for the profit & loss, management and leadership of the Consulting team focused on Smart Metering related to Consulting Services.
The Consulting Services Business Unit Manager is expected to lead and develop the Consulting team. This includes, in addition to the Profit & Loss responsibility, taking ownership for defining vision and setting direction for existing and new service offerings. Presently Consulting services are mainly based on our solutions. The objective is to develop new offerings in areas like business process development, analytics, cloud and machine learning. The role includes the hiring, building, developing and retaining consulting teams to deliver the existing and new services.
The Consulting Services Business Unit Manager is involved in projects and clients during the proposal phase, supporting Sales, Business Development and Customer teams to develop scopes of work, estimates, and schedules, ensuring alignment with our Solutions, to successfully deliver business value for both our Customers and Powel Metering.
- Experience (10+ years) of Utility key processes. Ideally in Smart metering, Meter Data Management and/or Network management processes including working knowledge of typical IT applications and systems currently being utilized.
- Ability to exploit the new possibilities for Utilities in analytics, business intelligence, cloud services, IoT and Machine Learning.
- Consulting Leadership (minimum 3 years) - Hire, Manage, Develop, Grow and Retain a profitable Consulting Organization.
- IT Management (minimum 5 years) – demonstrated experience to lead sales and delivery of complex customer IT Services or projects.
- Experience in a Sales and/or Business Development roles
- Experience in consulting with customers to architect and design solutions based on business requirements.
- Strong Leadership and Results drive with ability to meet targets
- Commercially oriented with excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Collaborative way of working across the organization with sales, project and technical teams
- Good listener and communicator
- Languages: Swedish/Norwegian and English required.
The position is located at one of our offices in Sweden (Stockholm, Jönköping or Östersund).
We can offer
- Work environment focusing on green innovation
- A thriving environment characterised by team work and professional pride
- Competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes
If you are interested in this role, please send us your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your application with “Business Unit Manager Consulting Services – Powel Metering” in the subject field.
For any questions about the role, contact CEO Kary Warnerman Powel Sweden – Metering; +46 702 655 420