To strengthen our consulting team in Basel (CH), or in a new Powel office location in Düsseldorf (DE) or Vienna (AT), we are looking for a highly motivated Solution Consultant Software Solutions “Energy Trading & Logistics” with a strong background with integrations.
Working as solution consultants at Powel, our goal is to increase customer value from our software solutions by adapting, implementing and integrating the solutions into the customers’ operational environment. We interact with the software development teams, project managers and customer representatives to support our customers’ core business processes. Now we are looking for technically skilled problem solvers to join our team in Basel, helping us to increase user value for new and existing customers. In Powel, you will be working together with development and consultancy colleagues for large customers in an international environment.
You will be working with delivery projects for Powel’s solutions within energy logistics and trading, and will work on integration of our solutions based on the customer’s needs. You will be a product specialist and super user of Powel’s software solutions for energy trading and scheduling.
- Design and implementation of integration solutions using primarily Oracle Service Bus (OSB) technology to communicate between Powel’s software solutions, the customer’s enterprise landscape and market operators
- Configuration and deployment of business-critical software solutions that are in operational use 24x7
- Conducting customer training and providing technical support to customers
- Supporting the product development by providing input also for long-term application direction
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Relevant degree from a university or an advanced technical college
- Hands-on experience with XML and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, XSD, XQuery) as well as REST/JSON
- Solid knowledge about communication protocols (HTTP/S, POP3/IMAP, FTP/S, JMS)
- Experience with message exchange formats (XML, EDI/EDIGAS, CSV)
- Good knowledge of SQL and familiar with Oracle Database and related products
- Advanced English language skills, German language skills is a plus
Considered as advantage
- Solid understanding of SOA Standards and Governance
- Proven experience using Oracle Service Bus architecture, design, implementation, configuration management
- WebLogic High Availability Infrastructure
- Experience with Java EE and JMS performance tuning
Preferred personal qualities
- Proactive, constructive and solution-oriented communication skills to interact with team members, project stakeholders, and customers
- A structured and systematic working approach, reliability and dedication to deliver results
- Ability to work within international and multicultural teams
- Exciting domain with European energy industry in transition (“Energiewende”) and disruptive developments in the IT landscape
- Dynamic, and international work environment, Nordic corporate culture
- Preferred office location is Basel, Düsseldorf or Vienna. For the right candidate, an office location and role in the establishment of a new Powel office location in Düsseldorf (DE) or Wien (AT) is possible.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your complete application with motivation letter and CV to email@example.com, indicating “Solution Consultant, Switzerland” in the subject field. If you have questions on the role, please get in contact with Eivind Graversen.
The Norwegian Powel Group with headquarter in Trondheim, develops, sells and delivers business-critical software solutions for the energy industry in Europe, Turkey and South America. With around 480 highly qualified employees in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey and Chile, Powel Group is market leader in relevant segments. Among our clients are internationally well-known energy companies. Further information about our products and company on www.powel.com.