The development within smart metering (AMS) is rapid. Across the world, grid operators are going through the greatest changes their industry has experienced. Many countries have already started rolling out smart meter implementation and in Europe, the EU aims to replace at least 80% of electricity meters with smart meters by 2020 wherever it is cost-effective to do so.
The implementation of smart meters means a streamlining of processes, both for electricity customers and grid operators. At the same time, great demands are in place for secure and efficient systems that allows grid operators to leverage the information and the possibilities that exist in this new technology.
In order to get a complete overview, it will be crucial for grid operators to have the correct IT systems, both for the actual deployment and for the operations of communications, collection, storing, reporting and management of meter data.
Powel’s scalable software solutions are built on open architecture, and have functions that cover a large range of needs for work orders, component register, handling of outages, alarms, estimations, and reports. Map based analyses and exception handling are based on the GIS platform ArcGIS. Additionally, streamlined integration with the grid operators other systems are also ensured.
Our solutions for smart metering offers support in the following areas:
- Overview of the power grid and meters in the same solution
- Automatic collection of meter data from smart meters and other sensors in the power grid
- Adjusted planning, on-demand readings and disconnection functionality as well as handling of events and alarms
- Time lines and collecting statistics
- Real-time validation of collected data, validation, estimation and export in relation to regulations
Smart metering solutions:
- Powel ELIN
- Powel MOBI
- Powel MDMS