We are looking for driven, passionate and knowledgable Data Scientists to join our Data and Analytics team in Powel. As a Data Scientist, you are able to exploit the data in order to extract meaning and interpretation; you love to build mathematical and statistical models, design and implement algorithms with the aim of gain insights and suggest data driven decisions. You will be part of our Data Science team collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team and domain experts on a wide range of problems. You will be reporting directly to Chief Data and Analytic Officer at Powel.
This position requires strong analytical rigor and hacker mind set to face the multiple data challenges within energy and utility sector. You are a data enthusiast and you know what it is needed in order to build a data product that solves business questions and helps analysts to take decisions. You are a data story teller, you see information and patterns where others see just bits.
At Powel we are addressing not only a business opportunity and necessity for automation and optimization in Energy and Utility sector, but also Global Grand Challenges within Energy, Water and Environment. We use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence throughout the whole value chain of renewables from energy production (wind power, PV and hydropower) and forecasting to automatic/algorithmic trading and offering innovative and personalized services to end consumers.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve hard, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical, statistical, mathematical methods as needed. Be autonomous in end-to-end analysis (e.g. data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, presentations...).
- Structure relevant data science questions given a set of business objectives.
- Build and prototype analysis and models iteratively to provide insights.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting...) with effective presentations and communications of findings.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve our data products in Powel.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering)
- Proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala, Matlab...) and database languages (e.g., SQL, Mongo...)
- Relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (e.g., statistician; data scientist…)
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline as listed in Minimum Qualifications
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the proper statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
To apply for this role, please send your application and CV to Mozhgan Tavakolifard marking your e-mail "Data Scientist"