The energy business is undergoing a massive transformation to distributed, renewable energy sources, and experiencing changes from the emergence of prosumers, higher peak consumption due to the adoption of electric vehicles, and lower energy prices. At Powel, we see a need for intelligent cloud solutions to reinvent production management, infrastructure investment and maintenance, and automated energy trading. Helping utilities work smarter is at the very core of what we do. The Powel Analytics Group was founded last year at Powel with a mission to build analytics and machine learning solutions in cloud applications for a growing list of customers and products across the energy and utilities industries. We are recruiting to add to the current team.
As cloud developer in this group, you will play a central and mission-critical role building out the cloud infrastructure for analytics and IoT projects, establishing analytics and machine learning SaaS services.
You will join a distributed, highly agile team developing new analytics and SaaS offerings. You will develop cloud applications and infrastructure using Microsoft Azure and cutting-edge tools and services from other cloud vendors. As a key team member, you will be responsible for helping us establish production services in a DevOps model.
- An understanding of multi-tenant cloud architecture, microservices, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful design.
- Experience with Cloud platform development in C#
- Passionate about software development, staying current on technical trends.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner.
- Enjoy discovering and solving problems; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Ability to explore different directions based on data and be able to quickly change direction based on the analysis.
- An ability to keep things simple and to resist accidental complexity.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with message-oriented IT integration.
- Experience with automated software testing.
- Motivated to work with DevOps practices.
- The professionalism, attention to detail, and quality consciousness required to maintain a portfolio of business-critical, highly secure software services.
- Excellent team collaboration abilities, while capable of making progress on your own and finding ways to get unblocked.
- Experience in cross-collaboration with engineers, data scientists and domain experts on designing and engineering analytics and IoT applications in end to end scenarios
- Design and engineer analytics and IoT applications in end to end scenarios.
- Experience with highly distributed applications and ensuring availability, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Strong hands-on experience in machine learning or analytics projects in the cloud
- Strong skills in one or more inculding Python, R, SQL, Apache Spark and related tools for large scale analysis
- Masters degree in computer science, statistics, or related fields
Location can be Trondheim or Oslo.
If you are interested in this role, please send your application and CV to email@example.com before 15 December 2017. Please mark your application with “Cloud Software Engineer” in the subject field.
For any questions about the role, contact Tore Vestues
About Powel AS
Powel AS, headquartered in Trondheim, Norway, delivers business-critical software solutions and related services specifically designed to help energy companies and public utilities improve daily operational processes and service quality. The company is a market leader in software solutions for grid operations and maintenance, energy production and smart metering, with offices in Oslo Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Turkey, Germany, Switzerland and Chile. Powel's client list includes 1,000 public and private customers in Europe. Founded in 1996, Powel AS is a privately held company with more than 480 employees. www.powel.com
Powel is focused on supplying modern, intelligent cloud applications and solutions. By combining state of the art software technology including advanced analytics, machine learning and big data solutions, with decades of industry expertise and technological know-how, Powel creates the ideal basis for customers to optimize their business activities. Powel’s systems are business critical for generators, traders and utilities in open markets. Years of experience in and in-depth knowledge about these deregulated and highly competitive markets have positioned Powel AS as a market leader in the Nordic region.