Azure DevOps Engineer
TriCity (Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia) is one of the best places to live in Europe. Not only Poles appreciate TriCity, but also many foreigners who live here permanently or come for holidays. We are proud of beautiful and well-kept cities, sandy beaches, clean forests, picturesque lakes and a dense network of bicycle paths. Public safety, nice atmosphere and the magnitude of the possibilities mean that people who live and work in Tri-City often smile and are more relaxed than in many other places. We would like to invite you!
With unique IT competence and comprehensive industry knowledge, Powel is a leading supplier of software solutions to the energy-, public-, and contracting sectors. We aim to help our customers make strategic and operational decisions based on access to timely and accurate information from integrated systems. In short, we help utilities work smarter, benefitting businesses and the environment. Our systems and expertise help create real value for companies worldwide. Founded in Norway in 1996, Powel has grown to be an international corporation with staff numbering 480 and offices in 6 European countries and in Chile.
“As an Azure DevOps Engineer, you will play a central and mission-critical role building, deploying and supervising cloud services and infrastructure. You will join a distributed, highly agile team developing and operating new cloud-based systems. You will be particularly involved in concerns such as availability, scalability, automated health checks, monitoring, and emergency response. You will build cloud applications and infrastructure using Microsoft Azure and cutting-edge tools and services from other cloud vendors. As the primary operations expert on the team, you will be responsible for establishing safe production environment change control, and you will be the primary on-call engineer in case of outages.”
- Understanding of multi-tenant cloud architecture, microservices, containers, RESTful design
- Experience with operating cloud services and databases, ensuring availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Passion about software development, staying current on technical trends
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner
- Enjoyment of discovering and solving problems; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required
- Ability to keep things simple and to resist accidental complexity
- Motivation to work with DevOps practices and to take immediate action if there is an outage
- Professionalism, attention to detail, and quality consciousness are required to maintain a portfolio of business-critical, highly secure software services
- Excellent team collaboration abilities, while capable of making progress on your own and finding ways to get unblocked
- Experience with software development in .NET
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- English: Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time and possibility of ad-hoc home office
- Challenging tasks that contributes to both professional and personal growth and development
- A Nordic working culture with extensive possibilities to influence directions and priorities – we are a fast-growing organization, but NOT a corporation!
- Cooperation rather than competition
- International workplace with offices in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Poland, Chile and Turkey
- Individual yearly budget for conference/training
- Modern, centrally located office in Gdansk
- Benefits like private medical care, Multisport card, telephone package and life insurance
- In-house English and Norwegian lessons
- Desk with adjustable height and high-end laptop with 2x24 inch monitors
- Chill zones with Xbox, PlayStation and table football
Please send your CV in English to email@example.com
Please include the following clause in your application: „I hereby give consent for processing of my personal data included in my application by Powel Sp. z o. o. for the purposes of this and further recruitment processes under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997 (unified text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922, with amendments). Please be advised that the Data Administrator is Powel Sp. z o. o. with the residence at: ul. Marynarki Polskiej 163, 80-868 Gdańsk. I also agree for processing of my personal data included in my application by other companies belonging to the Powel group. I am aware that I am entitled to access my data, correct them or delete them. Providing my personal data is voluntary.”
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.