Powel, and the industries and customers it serves, are transitioning to intelligent cloud solutions and new business models. Powel has a unique and strategic position in the Nordics and opportunities in other important markets throughout Europe and beyond. It also has a capable and visionary executive team that has prioritized a focus on fully taking advantage of the cloud and new opportunities.
As part of the Cloud Leadership Team, you will report directly to the CTO and work closely with leads from the Product Units to drive on a number of important initiatives (cloud architecture, infrastructure, data intelligence, security, devops, etc). Together we set the agenda and work with the teams on technical strategy and implementations.
The Principal Cloud Architect is also hands-on with projects and code, especially in the early stages of a given project. You will collaborate as part of a development team, interact closely with customers and partners, assist with designs, deploy and configure cloud resources, write code, etc. These projects will require focused, sustained effort for periods of time.
The PCSA for Cloud Application Development is a technical role that is accountable for successful cloud application solution designs, development and deployments through product units at Powel. You will be responsible for assisting teams in key areas including technical readiness, architectural design, collaborating with solution managers on Proofs of Concepts. You will utilize your extensive experience in technical leadership roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with development teams and customers.
- Bring 400 Level depth in Cloud Application Development plus current on market trends and insights
- A deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- The ability to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help build profitable business solutions
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Be a subject matter expert for cloud platform competency technical areas including a number of the following services and technologies: Networking and infrastructure, authentication and Active Directory, cloud services, Service Bus, API Management, Azure App Service, Mobile Services, Cortana Analytics and Machine Learning, Containers, Service Fabric, automation, Docker, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience in removing technology blockers in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- A Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background.
Location can be Trondheim or Oslo.
We encourage both qualified Norwegian and international applicants to apply for this role. Initial interviews may be conducted over Skype and a re-location package may be considered for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 January 2017. Please mark your application with “Principal cloud architect” in the subject field.
For any questions about the role, contact Chief Technical Officer Cloud, Kevin Gjerstad on (+47) 905 44 225
ABOUT POWEL AS
Powel AS, headquartered in Trondheim, Norway, delivers business-critical software solutions and related services specifically designed to help energy companies and public utilities improve daily operational processes and service quality. The company is a market leader in software solutions for grid operations and maintenance, energy production and smart metering, with offices in Oslo Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Turkey, Switzerland and Chile. Powel's client list includes 1,000 public and private customers in Europe. Founded in 1996, Powel AS is a privately held company with more than 480 employees. www.powel.com
Powel is focused on supplying modern, intelligent cloud applications and solutions. By combining state of the art software technology including advanced analytics, machine learning and big data solutions, with decades of industry expertise and technological know-how, Powel creates the ideal basis for customers to optimise their business activities. Powel’s systems are business critical for generators, traders and utilities in open markets. Years of experience in and in-depth knowledge about these deregulated and highly competitive markets have positioned Powel AS as a market leader in the Nordic region.